Mozilla Launches Fashion Your Firefox and Makes It Easy to Customize the Browsing Experience
New Web Application Introduces Easy Discovery and Installation for Add-ons
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – November 18, 2008 - Mozilla today released Fashion Your Firefox®, a new Web application that enables Firefox users to customize their browser based on their interests and online activities. With Fashion Your Firefox, add-ons that fit people’s online lifestyles are organized in easy to discover ways and are available for installation in just a few easy clicks.
Fashion Your Firefox presents add-ons in activity-based categories that make them easy to find and install. Add-ons are tiny pieces of software that add new features or functionality to Firefox, letting people customize their browser to meet their tastes. There are currently more than 1 billion downloads of Firefox add-ons.
Categories in Fashion Your Firefox include:
- Shutterbug: View and share pictures and videos online
- Rock Star: Listen to music while surfing, working, emailing or researching online
- News Junkie: Get the most up-to-date news and weather
- Shopaholic: Shop and take advantage of online deals
- Digital Pack Rat: Keep track of favorite sites, bookmarks and blogs
- Social Butterfly: Share, bookmark, and e-mail web pages via an array of social networking & bookmarking sites
- Finder and Seeker: Find and make information on the Web more relevant
- Decorator: Apply browser themes
- Executive Assistant: Organize online activities
“One of the best parts about Firefox is the amazing richness of our 5,000-plus free add-ons,” said Mike Shaver, vice president of engineering at Mozilla. “We’re excited to introduce Fashion Your Firefox because it makes it even easier for people to discover useful add-ons that make the browsing experience better and more personal.”
“StumbleUpon helps millions of users discover new Web content based on their interests. With Fashion Your Firefox, we look forward to introducing personalized Web discovery to a much larger audience,” says Garrett Camp, co-founder and chief architect at StumbleUpon.
“Firefox’s robust add-ons platform allows us to create the most dynamic and intuitive media navigation experience, and we’re very excited about the mainstream potential of the 'Fashion Your Firefox' release,” says Josh Schwarzapel, a co-founder of Cooliris.
“At Foxmarks we improve the online experience for consumers by keeping bookmarks in sync and accessible across multiple computers, anytime, anywhere. Fashion Your Firefox helps us connect with Firefox users in a personalized way,” said James Joaquin, CEO, Foxmarks.
For more information about Fashion Your Firefox and how it can help customize your browser, visit www.fashionyourfirefox.com.