Mozilla Headlines Two Key Open Source Development Conferences in August
Mozilla to speak at OSCON and LinuxWorld conferences
July 28, 2005, (Mountain View, CA). Mozilla Foundation members and contributors will be presenting at O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON) in Portland, Oregon on August 1-5, 2005, and LinuxWorld in San Francisco, California on August 8-11, 2005.
OSCON 2005 (Booth #818)
Mitchell Baker, president
- Keynote: "Interview:Mitchell Baker"
- "Women in Open Source Panel"
- "Implementing CalDAV, a New Standard for Sharing Calendar Information Over the Internet"
Asa Dotzler, community coordinator
- Keynote: "Linux -- In search of the desktop"
- "Getting Started with a Mozilla Project"
Dan Veditz, security engineer
- "Are Open Source Developers Prepared for Security Bugs"
Ben Goodger, Firefox lead engineer
- "Supercharging Firefox with Extensions"
Birds of a Feather Session, "An Evening with Mozilla", will be held the evening of August 3rd from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
LinuxWorld 2005, (Booth #2011)
Mike Shaver, technology strategist
- Keynote: "Flash Point:Reigniting Web Innovation"
A Mozilla Birds of a Feather session will be held the evening of August 9 from 5:30pm to 7:00pm.
For general information and event registration:
- OSCON - http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/
- LinuxWorld - http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO05A
For more information:
Mozilla Press Center